Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fun Facts about the Baguette

Here are some things I've already come to learn about the baguette through personal experience:

1) They are SUPER cheap! The store I go to (Simply Market) sells them for 0,29 €!
2) They last for about 48 hours before they start getting stale. Luckily, I didn't buy too many of them at once.
3) They are a great on-the-go snack. Just slap on some Nutella (...or a cheap store brand alternate that I bought. My mom would be so proud).
4) I can easily eat at least 1 a day.
5) Substitute the Nutella with a soft cheese, and you have a wonderful appetizer for dinner.
6) You look a lot more European with a baguette in your hand. It's best to carry one as often as possible in public.
7) After a little research, I've decided to approximate the number of calories in a baguette at about 700. That number seems high to me, but it's the best I can come up with. I'm not counting calories though so no big deal.

If you're interested in learning more about the baguette:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baguette

...and Wikipedia is a credible source! I don't care what your teachers or professors say. Is it better to believe a single person with a PhD who wrote a book or a collection of scholars who together develop a more objective presentation of a topic? You decide. Also, MLA came out with a citation style for Wikipedia, so it's officially legit. You can't argue that either.

Anyways...random rant is over :D

2 comments:

  1. dude
    toasting a baguette with camembert cheese and some olive oil = awesome.

    and winny brand is just as good! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. baguette with expleuiteur cheese -- YUM. Plus you have to have REAL butter with baguettes. And fruit is good too -- apples, pears, etc. Watch for any loose teeth when chewing those things tho!

    ReplyDelete